Monday, February 25, 2008

Two pins

I got back to the wood dust today. Cutting out a range of two pin tenons like those in the inset of the three pieces assembled in the main photo, marking up more back bits and morticing in one of the back brace bits. I place potential chairs on this old office number to get an idea of size and relative comfort. This one is still very rough and will need lots more shaping as well as some legs of course. With all these things the important thing is to get the joints done while there are still some flat surfaces to reference off of and then go to town with the shaping.
Interesting to see Hillary Clinton sharpening her elbows in my lunch time viewing today. I thought the whole thrust of her campaign had been to prove her softer intuitive vision, changing the coiffure and whatnot. Unfortunately I feel the proof of that vision would be to ask oneself, "Who do we not need in this race?" and answer "Me". Whoever advised her to take the most recent step in negativity must be feeling those sharp little elbows now. I actually went on a little exploratory you tube excursion yesterday and found so many allegations of alleged illegal campaigning activity on the part of the Clinton clan I had to wash away the memory with a nice drop of Chianti.