Thursday, March 20, 2008

Three pair

These all the same chair. Top right I was fiddling with arrangements before and quite liked the idea of echoing the three back spars with three underneath, so having got all my front and back rungs jointed in on the three other chairs done (stacked without their backs on and around the planer) I went back to this one and tried laying out three bits with joints and then drilled them in as seen in the other two shots. This chair just needs a lot of sanding and shaping and then it will be ready for finishing. For now everything is still really blocky, but I can see some lines emerging.
Lots of other stuff going on and the primary school graduation ceremony tomorrow, so I will lose a morning there. Terrible weather, I hope they get a reprieve tomorrow, I have never heard of a rainy graduation day, but I suppose they must happen. I don't think I am to be called upon for public speaking on this occasion, but you never know where the axe will fall.