Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Chops with everything

Back home away from home. Dinner in our usual mode where chopsticks come with everything. The longer stay of about three weeks was a lot more beneficial to the system than my previous go of 10 days, there still seem to have been a lot of things that I failed to get organized. Thank you to all those who showed my daughter and I hospitality during our trip.
I was interested to read on the plane home that the UK has now changed the voting laws so that any citizen living outside the country for more than 15 years loses the right to vote. I am therefore thoroughly disenfranchised in both my adopted territories. This does not thrill me in to contemplating a protest involving chains and fences. However, rather than considering myself an ambassador to either country (as I often have in the past) I must now consider my role to be one of ambassador to myself.