Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Glue Strategy

Having sorted out the rats nest upstairs I decided to spend the day getting the electrics organized downstairs so that I can connect everything up when the system changes.
I made a more complex trial piece for the glue test on teak. I cut a mortice and tenon loint in some of the scrap offcuts and glued that up. It seems to be fine. I wiped the surfaces with laquer thinner and let that dry off for a few minutes and then applied the normal wood glue.
I also spent a little time making sure I have a proper strategy for clamping up the leg parts. That is the thing with the red truck tie downs wrapped around it at the back. The foreground item is the central post, now glued and clamped.
The new electrical system will have three wires, red white and black instead of the current system with white and black only. Using red and black gives 200v, red and white or black and white gives 110v as usual. And we have been struggling along on a 20amp breaker up till now, but that will go up to 40amps.
Sammy started digging a trench along the watelogged side of the shop to prevent the ever more frequent flooding that we suffer every time we get torrential rain.