Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Office Material

I made the mistake of going on the piano first today and that has cut my drawing time.
There was a rather miserable scene in the brain box, but I left it there. In the woods there are several snare traps for the boar. This morning on my walk I saw a tree trunk moving about and stared at it for a while, it was a tree trunk, then a moment later when I looked back it wasn't. It developed ears, nose and tiny incomprehending eyes and little dancing fore feet trying to get a grip on the slippery muddy bank it had slid down on to while its back leg was caught in a heavy snare wire. It wasn't a tiny specimen, it was huge, but its whole persona was of a shy kid on its first day at school in need of the toilet. I called at a neighbours on the way back to ask if he knew who had set the snares and he called them to come and administer a sedative. I hope they did come quick, I am not a fan of these lazy forms of hunting, one would hope for all beings that the inescapable blow when it comes will be swift.
Instead of all that you have a portrayal of how chair use is hereditary (see Nov 22nd), Sammy in his room on his laptop. It will be a black day for chair designers if many of my descendents ever find themselves working in an office. Today largely went on comptuter work for me, but in the privacy of the living room this type of etiquette does not raise many eyebrows.
Charcola on cartridge 25x35cm