Saturday, January 13, 2007

Ends

The ritual of doing these drawings is basically how my working day ends. This one shows how my winter day begins. Obviously there are certain functions that need to be attended to first, but then I am straight to the stove to get that fired up. When there are no coals left from the day before I get it started by winding sheets of newspaper round my hand to make it into little balls tucking the ends into the middle, then stack them up under the load of wood to get things started. Very rarely something catches my attention in amongst the news before it gets into the stove and once I actually cut out a picture to save.
Working on the floor in front of the sofa as I had to stick on a bit of paper. The little retractable flat eraser on the right is fun to use.
Charcoal on cartridge size seven feet for scale.