Thursday, June 07, 2007

Bathtime

I didn't get very far with the drawing working on from the table lift off before I had to take my turn in the bath. I think I will pursue this theme a little further if nothing better comes up and see how it changes. Most of the day went on the shopping errands and other stuff like picking up a new driving license down at the police station. There is something rather similar about nurses and police women, I suppose those in both careers see a side of society and humanity that we are not shown too much of in our media diet. The lady in uniform behind the counter remembered my face apparently and gave me a cheerful hello. It always makes me wonder how much architecture might alter things when I visit these kind of dull institutional buildings. Would it make a difference if it were a more engaging environment. Perhaps not, but those people who have that wonderful ability to interact with a stream of thoroughly bored folk in need of administration and remain cheerful certainly do make a difference. I did spend an hour or so converting an old road breaker chisel into a little tool for making impressions it steel for the door ironwork. I wanted to make marks that would have a hint of the panel structure. I didn't get as far as annealing some metal to do a proper trial on, but it looked OK with what I did try.