Sunday, June 10, 2007

Buggered

No time for a picture today, I spent my drawing time looking at possible replacements for my darling little Toshiba Tablet PC. Fate seems to have overtaken it, I can't even get the puppy to show a BIOS screen. I will try one last experiment tomorrow and swap out the hard drive for my daughters and see if that works. If so I can just get a new drive and start from scratch. No apparent reason for the death, but the hard disk light doesn't come on at all. I actually bought an external hard drive with the aim of backing up the whole system, but typical of windows it stopped the process in the middle somewhere and saved nothing. I switched to a manual save of my pictures, which is some small consolation. I certainly can't do without some kind of compy if I am to continue with this effort, and I am determined that if I am forced to get a new one it will have an English OS as I am tired of struggling through with the Japanese one. Strangely resigned to the loss, as tearing ones hair out or punching the wall are fairly childish activities when it comes down to it. Hopefully I will get more organised and post something pictorial tomorrow.