Saturday, November 17, 2007

Still on keys


Pretty ploppy drawing, but just to show that Sammy is still on the keys at regular intervals during the week. I was on the Skype blower today and he stopped playing thinking it was in the way I suppose, but he is back on now. The great thing about our nastily out of tune piano is that we play it. I have never had to tell the young un to get on there. He just started up one day a few years ago after hearing me whacking away for some time before that. I guess he thought he could do just as well, and better. Touch wood, that is the way it is looking. We both change gradually, hopefully moving forward even if it is a bit of a hare and tortoise scenario with my shelled self failing to emulate the reptile of the tale and coming in last. However, in a peculiar plot twist (physiologically impossible in the original) the tortoise turns out to be the proud father of the winner in our version of the story, so happy endings all round.