Thursday, December 13, 2007

Air chisel

Strangely mild out today after a morning of rain. Luckily that turned out to be the time I was on the computer earning the daily ha'penny. After attending to lunch and a brief walk with the pup I got out the air chisel and had a go at the canker in the heart of my log. I started out in my little plastic sandals known as "Bensan" here. Ben is short for benjo or toilet and san is more obviously short for sandals. You take your shoes off to get in a place, like a school or a small hotel, maybe change into sandals to walk around inside and then change again to get into the toilet. So if your name is Ben, watch out for sniggering when people call you Bensan. Not really, all are far too polite to snicker at such trivia. Anyway as I got more involved in the delights of pealing away shavings of wood with the power of two horses turning the wheels of my compressor to back me up, my sandals fell off the flat of the log and I was left in summer attire up to the ankles..

I am still not sure how the log will turn out, it may be viable as a kind of hollowed out seat, or I may be able to fill in with another material or an inset of something woven. We shall see.