Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Belting up

I forgot the most important bit of yesterday. When I got home in the evening I found my boy outside diligently chopping firewood.
He didn't get to do that today, I side tracked him as soon as he got back from college. I had him work the crane while I ran about fiddling with the belts on the lumps of driftwood I had brought back from the dam side. One of the lumps I brought back was pretty big, so I have laid it flat out so that I can take some of the rotten bits off, but the others that I cut to about six foot long are standing against the wall at the back of the wood yard area. We had to clear a bit of space
by shifting the mountain of logs cut ready to be chopped up. I didn't like the sling job on one of these, so once we had it down I reset the belt higher up and we pulled it up vertical to lean with the rest. Finally we loaded the furnace and boxes of fine sand on to the truck to take to the school ready for the aluminium casting session on Thursday.
Slightly bigger paper today, about A3 size. Courtesy of some kind donor it has a bit more tooth than cartridge and it is thick enough to draw for longer. A big virtue when I have no idea what I am starting out on as was the case today. Scribble until something appears.