Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Logins J

Another playground scene from this evening as dusk dropped like a velvet whatsname. I am afraid I am guilty of some really abusive comments toward my chainsaw and its manufacturer Hitachi or at least the chainsaw design team back when this model was a twinkle in their eye. Mainly due to the circumstance that my shoulder is not feeling very well attached at present and tugging on the rip cord start mechanism is not a favorite activity. After fitting my new chain the saw worked lovely down one side, then when I switched the C girder over to the other side to come back down and complete the cut the sausage wouldn't start at all. I thought I might whip off the spark plug as I had already checked the filter for the carburetor. That was when the indignant cursing came in. Who on gods good earth would design a thing that needs the whole handle assembly to be taken off just to get the plug out for a bit of a cleaning. Hee-bloody-tachi was my politest answer. I suppose Hitachi mechanics have some super socket wrench that will do the job, but mine was way too big to get in the space allowed. Anyway, it was growing dark and I was determined not to have to take the whole thing to bits, so I managed with a detached socket and a pair of mole grips. I suppose it was just the thought that made the difference, but the little blighter did actually start up after some more pulling and I got another plank off the log. Still a big void in the center of the plank. I will have a bit of a go at the uppermost surface of the log here using the pneumatic chisel tomorrow and see if I will be able to get a seat out of the next plank to come off Jimmy Logins. Too pooped to get on to drawing.