Saturday, December 08, 2007

Aftermath

Skype day again.
My daughter is now in her third year of an architecture course. This is her desk area. The rest of the space is pretty similar, so she has had the misfortune to inherit my mess gene. She had an evaluation session for her most recent doo yesterday. I guess the results are what count and she says that her effort was well received. Perhaps she might let me take a snap of the model tomorrow.
My main activity of the day was sticking a new handle on the axe. While I was wielding the spokeshaves Sammy made do with a temporary one designed for some other type of tool that I found somewhere.
I was also trying to further my effort to get my own work space back into some kind of order, but soon got sidetracked putting some wavy grained Zelkova through the bandsaw to see what it was like inside. I was also asked in the week if I would like to submit ideas for what to do with all that cedar up the mountains, furniture or some other kind of design. It is a competition, which is not my cup of tea, but if I eliminate that from my mind and just put out a few ideas there may be some result down the road.
Anyay, I also sliced up a few branches of cedar to get some ideas going.