Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Missed

I missed my usual blogging hour today attending a lecture at the local school. A strange doo in which there was a video on child soldiers around the world and then an illustrator of kids books talking about the hardships of her youth. She started with her earliest memory of awaking to find her mother dead in bed next to her at the age of 3. There were in fact a few more early memories and not one of them contained much in the way of happy times. She seemed fairly up together getting all the nastiness out in the open and thankfully survived the subsequent fairly horrible step parenting.
I found that one of my more distant neighbors was also in attendance having got there under his own somewhat limited steam, so I ferried him back home. He had been having trouble keeping the eyelids up after the long walk there and with the warm of the room. I find myself in the same predicament now, so I will have to do without visuals for now.