Saturday, December 15, 2007

Overdrawing

Drawing over something else. The stove died down while I was on the skype call this evening so I decided to pluck it up with some of the sawdust from the weeks work. I had collected it in one of those big yellow plastic pickle bins I have mentioned before. I got that in and scooped out little batches on to newspaper to roll up into Christmas parcels ready to pop in the hatch on top of the stove.
I often stop to look at stuff in the paper before it goes to ashes, not good enough at reading Japanese to make too much sense of the world. Last week I was looking at an article about Honda's efforts to develop silicon free solar panels and today I was looking at a little article about an 11meter long sperm whale that had been washed up on the coast.
Anyway, I stuck with the drawing just long enough to go through three versions on top of what was already there.