Sunday, December 30, 2007

Woops a daisy

Another on the pile, completely the other way round to my intentions at the start, this time you are up on the wood pile and Sammy has just chucked one a bit too hard and is doing a little shimmy to keep his balance. He has good coordination. I am not sure what I had at a similar age, I know I was not into sports. I remember one day presenting yet another note saying I was under the weather and the PE teacher telling me the whole idea of exercise was to make one healthy. He was right of course, but the whole sadomasochistic regime of British school life rather swamped out that simple truth for me.
Anyhow, I get my fair share of exercise now and I can still just about keep up with Sammy, even if I am not smiling quite so cheerfully at the end of the day.
The young fellow has now overcome the fever of yesterday and is out with friends for a bit of a get together at a local eatery. My kids don't get sick that often, so I always get worried when they do. It always gives me a sense of how much I love them and that perhaps I don't show that sufficiently. Fortunately they are now probably more able to fend off bacteria than me, so I don't really have any cause for major concern like when they were weenies. I can just about relax watching Sammy lark about with losing his balance on a pile of ankle snapping wood.