Sunday, October 14, 2007

Dusty ceilings

I don't know why it is, but tool designers can't seem to resist the desire to put little dust blasting air vents on their products in the right place to do no good at all for me. Obviously the motors need to be cooled, but I wonder whether they ever do any product testing in real situations. I had to look the other way in this already weird pose to pop a couple of screws in for some battens ready to fill the nasty gap at the edge of the ceiling. I was standing up on the bench at the right hand side of the picture yesterday where the arch meets the edge of the ceiling panels. I think I was wearing glasses and a dust mask, but even so the little tools manage to find a little nook to blast through. Nevertheless, an impact driver makes the job a lot easier than it would be trying to knock in nails in such a confined space.