Monday, August 11, 2008

Burning

One result of all the plane work is constant build up of shavings. I guess I could spread them out and let them rot down into soil, but I prefer to burn them and spread the ash on the field instead. It gives a bit of a break point to planing if I keep burning off shavings each time the big bucket gets full up.
I did manage to get to the "switch" in the memorizing room at one of these points as twilight was drawing down, but I don't think I left the lights on for long enough.
With the material preparation I am getting to the point where I can have separate stacks for each type of project, but no definitive plans yet. I am keen to use the wood I have on hand as far as possible, as it would be nice to get rid of some of the stuff that has been with me for a while declaring itself useful, but always seeming to be too good for this or too short for that.