Sunday, August 10, 2008

Switches

I have spent a lot of time doing this kind of pondering recently, getting in amongst my woodpiles and stirring them up.
I seem to be having trouble with the drawing muscle, or at least that is what I thought, but now I realize that it isn't that specific. I don't know if you get involved in very different activities at all, but in my case I seem to have trouble switching the brain box between them. So when I have been focusing on materials and how to use them as well as trying to avoid doing myself a mischief with tools or heavy planks all day, when evening comes around my mind has no particular scene to play back when I try to recall something from the day to set down. It seems like my mind has several compartments equipped with various tools or abilities and unless I switch the lights in the scene memorizing room during the day I can't go back afterwards and try to fill in.
I am hoping that I will get more nifty at flicking the relevant metaphorical switches, but unfortunately I am at my most forgetful when planing the assembly of objects in my head.