Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Malware Beware


Malignant software stole my blogging moments. We got hit by some kind of nastiness on the desktop prairie. After several rather ineffectual scans with antivirus stuff on my wifes PC, eventually I downloaded "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware", the virus scans had found nothing to do, but this young sonny Jim found seventeen somethings and marked them for destruction. Whatever the monster was it had installed something pretending to be antivirus software and took control of desktop settings to display garbage. We are still getting little after shocks as we continue to scan for lurking problems, but so far we seem to have escaped with a light beating. I'll try and post an image for the day on the morrow.
Just a pencil sketch of self down in the shop bandsawing the rotten edges off of more planks. Incidentally, you can tell when I am tired or rushed as I tend to draw myself from behind. This means that one doesn't need to rotate the world in ones head, simply take a step or two backward from the scene remembered while visualizing some kind of remembered sense of the activity.